Saying Goodbye to My Sweet Love



My Sweet,

I'm finding it really hard to put into words what I'm feeling right now. Let me start by saying you've been an amazing partner in crime. By my side through so many ups and downs. From birthdays to break-ups, on my wedding day and through pregnancy, you've supported me and I appreciate that more than you know.

Here's the thing...something about you has changed. That high I used to get from being with you has has lost its appeal. We used to party hard, and my body would bounce back like teenager. But now after a night with you I feel ill.

I used to get a rush from being with you. So much so, that each time I was around you I just craved more and more. 

But, you're not there for me like you used to be. Whenever I came down with a cold or the flu you used to be there to cheer me up. Now, whenever I'm feeling sick you don't comfort me. Instead, I'm left feeling worse.

I'm sorry but this has to end. Being with you has blinded me to what is really good for me, or at least not as bad as you.

The truth is I've even met someone. Actually a couple of alternatives have been introduced to me...and you know what...they're all pretty awesome.

I know you're probably thinking how could anyone be better than me?  Well you aren't the only game in town. My eyes have been opened to a whole new world of sweetness that makes our relationship seem like a bland side dish.

Don't believe me? Well, let me just tell you about a few of the new contenders I've got my eye on.

First off is your South American friend Stevia. Now, I know this comes a shock to you, but Stevia is 300 times sweeter than you. Stevia is also very selfless. He's done everything from help people lose weight, to treating diabetes and high blood pressure. All things that YOU make worse.

Then I met this delicious tropical lovah, Coconut Palm Sugar. Don't think that you are ANYTHING like him just because you share the same last name. Coco P, as I like to call him, gives me the same high you do, without the bitter crash. He's low on the glycemic index, can help prevent Type 2 Diabetes, and likes to get ALL up in my cookies!

Not everyone I've been introduced to has been from an exotic country. Who knew this sweet young thang named Maple Syrup was right in my own back yard, with antioxidant properties (cancer killers) and many essential nutrients like zinc, iron, calcium, and potassium. Our courtship happened over pancakes and waffles. He LOVES breakfast foods, but I really got to know him when he suggested we try him as a glaze on my rump roast or drizzled over my sundae. I love a man who's versatile in the kitchen.

Last, but certainly not least, is my go to Honey bunny. I can put him on my oatmeal, make a BBQ sauce, sweeten my tea with him, or hell I can slather him all over my body and he'll leave me feeling silky smooth. He's been a life saver through allergy season and most of my friends think he's quite super.

Bottom line is I've found SO many other options out there that I think it's best that you and I break-up. I know you'll still be around. Hanging out at Dunkin Donuts, loitering at my favorite Italian restaurant, or cozying up next to my best friend. My sister-in-law might even bring you over for Christmas as a way to temp me.

But I can be strong.

You might get lucky over the holiday season and get me for a late night tryst with some apple pie or mint chocolate chip cookie, but don't think we'll be making a habit of it. I need to get you off my mind and out of my system. Because honestly, my ass doesn't need you anymore.

Saying Goodbye to Our Sweet Love in Granolaville,








P.S. I still expect you to be at my birthday parties. ;-)


4 comments:

Love! So cute. I'm going grocery shopping after work and will se eif Coco P will come home with me!

Wow, this is kept me hanging on every word. I love the list of alternatives, I have to investigate further.

right now i'm really into lavender infused honey. get some.

Post a Comment

Leave us some crunchy goodness...