Granolaville's Best of 2012



Wow! 2012 was a whirlwind. Filled with lots of people joining the Crunchy Revolution! We even survived the overly hyped Mayan Apocalypse. (sorry Mayans)

I look back at all the contributor posts and topics inspired by some of my favorite crunchy peeps and I'm so thankful I got to share all these tidbits with you.

I'll be sharing some BIG news via our next newsletter, so if you aren't a subscriber, get on it!





Just in case you didn't have a chance to peruse all the kick-ass recipes, fresh ideas, spiritual connections, or crunchy videos here's a look back at the Top 10 Crunchy Posts of 2012. 


The Perfect Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
I didn't used to be a fan of avocado. Frankly any food that was green and mushy reminded me of baby poop. But when I started introducing solids, to my now 20 month old, avocado topped the list of non-allergenic foods that contained oodles of  healthy fats, with little taste to frighten his forming taste buds.

I figured if he could try something new, so could I. WOW...It was nothing like I imagined. It was smooth and had a buttery quality without the salt. From that day on I was putting avocado on EVERYTHING!...
Read More



9 Tips to Getting Better Sleep
My family and I are on this path to living a more natural and holistic life. We eat better, get moderate amounts of exercise, and try not to put anything in or on our bodies that will knock us off balance mentally, physically, or spiritually.

This morning my husband surprised me by coming home early from work. He said he wasn't feeling well and had gotten little sleep the night before....Read More

Fight the Cellulite, A Starter Guide to Clean Eating
I told my husband after the birth of my first son I refused to have a “Mommy Butt”. You know that flabby, saggy, flat area you see on women who have lost all muscle tone and definition in their once ample behind.

Having gained over 50 lbs (during two pregnancies) it was inevitable that my derriere would get out of place and start heading south...Read More



Do you Need Natural Living to be Easier Than a $10 Hooker?

So here's the deal my crunchy fabulous friends, I love you more than a fat kid loves cake...or in my case organic pumpkin cheesecake.

I also love giving you the BEST and SIMPLEST holistic and naturally living goodies on the inter-webs. The thing is, as with anyone on a journey, sometimes you need to stop right where you are, take a lay of the land and reassess where you want to go and how you want to get there...Read More


The Number One Form of Alternative Care
Chiropractic is the most popular form of alternative medicine, attracting an estimated 280 million visits annually and comprising the third largest profession in health care.  

Derived from Greek words meaning “done from hand,” chiropractic is based on the vital premise that the body has an innate intelligence, or inborn ability to heal.  This ability to heal is regulated through the nervous system, the master control system of the body.... Read More 

I Breast Feed & I Think the Time Magazine Cover Sucks


Finding Acceptance Can Set You Free
I hate being a stay at home mom. Actually, I used to hate it. Two years ago I wanted nothing more than to have the job of my dreams land in my lap (that fantasy usually included a fabulous suit, HUGE pay check, and commuting to NYC where I was appreciated for the amazing work I did).

Reality was quite different....Read More


9 Non-Edible Ways To Use Coconut
Over the last few months coconut oil has replaced all other oils in my pantry, aside from olive oil. When I began using it we had already become accustomed to coconut milk in lieu of cow's milk (though now we are strictly an almond milk family). 
My dairy allergic son was even chowing down on coconut yogurt and ice cream. But I had no idea how many uses there were for coconut oil.... Read More

Top 5 Toxic Household Cleaners
You can research the internet until your fingers bleed trying to gather information on which products are safest, and which require a HAZMAT suit. Here's what I've learned: Never Trust Marketing.

Let's face it, companies spend millions, if not BILLIONS of dollars to convince you that THEIR product is the best. At a time when most people have become conscious of the "buzz" words like green, all natural, non-toxic and of course organic....Read More


Charting Your Cycle, How to Get Pregnant (or not) Naturally
Aunt Flo. Dot. My monthly friend or the beast from the East. Most women, from the time they hit puberty, are ruled by the cyclical nature of their bodies.

Some of us, for a time, are obsessed with avoiding pregnancy. Then all of a sudden we hit a certain age and ALL we can think about is making babies. But what do any of us really know about working with our bodies to plan a family?...Read More



Have a Happy & Healthy New Year From Granolaville,




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some crunchy goodness...