Create the Life You Crave



Does your life feel delicious?

I mean does it make you want to devour every experience like your favorite tasty treat (in my case a cookie dough brownie sundae with pecans and whipped cream)?

Not so much?

Yea me neither.

I should clarify.

There have been moments...if I'm really in my sweet spot, weeks, where life just seems truly... yummy.

Everything is in perfect alignment. My eyes sparkle, kids dance, husband smiles, and my thighs don't rub together...much.

But being a holistic life-stylist, doula, and full-time crunchy(ish) mama---trying to fuel my soul with all the goodness the world has to offer, can be simply exhausting.

It's easy to forget what living a life of pleasure and joy really looks like.

Thankfully, I'm surrounded by a bevy of amazing women who inspire me each day to embrace it all.

One of those fantastic ladies is Lisa O'Brien, yogi, teacher, mother of 6, and my fabulous friend! Her company, perfectly named LifeYum, has a message that's simple "Feel Good. Do Good."


Yes, THIS insane body popped out 6 kids!

In her recent blog post, she so beautifully and honestly shared all the things that are currently fueling her LifeYum.

It reminded me of all the things in my life I've forgotten that make me feel like I'm laying next to a serene pool of water on some beautiful island.

I believe that's what we, as women and mothers, need to do more.

Yes laundry needs to get folded, lunches need to be made, and bills have to get paid. But at night, when you're laying in bed, reflecting on your day, it should be filled with things, people, foods, sights, and experiences that light you up!

The way to create the life you crave is to remember all the things that make you feel good. Then do MORE of that!

It's that simple.

Here's my current LifeYum list:
  • red wine after all the kids are in bed
  • laughing until my stomach hurts
  • using coconut oil for everything!
  • cuddling on the couch, watching movies with my hubby
  • uninterrupted showers
  • practicing yoga without worrying about having perfect form
  • unsolicited hugs and "I love you's" from my 14 year old son
  • seeing the look on a mama's face the first time she sees her baby
  • avocados
  • sleeping past 9am
  • knowing the support I give creates positive birth experiences for my clients
  • soaking up the summer sun
  • digging my hands in my garden
  • watching my 6 year old learn to read
  • making fresh juice instead of coffee
  • reading anything Danielle Laporte writes
  • a great hair day
  • Newman's Pineapple Salsa and tortilla chips
  • unstoppable bursts of creativity
  • pillow talk with the hubs
  • late night chat sessions with good friends
  • dance parties with my boys
  • watching a marathon of Revenge
  • any movie with Ryan Gosling, Channing Tatum or Ian Somerhalder (super yummy) 
  • connecting with inspiring, kick-ass, entrepreneurial women
  • my favorite grey boots
  • Netflix
  • sweet surprises from my love
  • flipping through old photo albums
  • warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce
  • the scenic views of the Catskill Mountains
  • walking barefoot in my yard
  • making a meal the whole family raves about
  • Pinterest after 10pm
Share some of your LifeYum in the comments section below.








If you need help finding your sweet spot, shoot me an email at granolaville [at] gmail.com. My one-on-one coaching sessions are designed to help mamas create healthy & delicious lifestyles, with passion and purpose.

If you liked this post, sign up for our newsletter.


Get weekly inspiration, tips, recipes and MORE!

Plus the Top 5 Toxic Foods in Your Kitchen Mini E-Book, FREE!

* indicates required


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some crunchy goodness...